Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Man Markus.


The day's entry comes in the form of a tribute to a friend who went before his time. It also comes a day late, which I am regrettably sorry for, as I am still at a loss for words. I could have never guessed that you'd be laid to rest before any of us, as we were the ones with the many vices. From high-school, I knew you to be a mild-mannered, reverent, inspirational and talented individual. My man, Markus.

We'll always wonder why you had to say goodbye so soon. You were someone we needed here still: to guide, to reform, to look up to and follow suit.

"But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - JRR Tolkien

And you did a whole lotta good with your time, mate. And for that, you've been bountifully rewarded. Pray we're shown the way just like you were, and um.. maybe put in a good word or two for me with The Gaffer? The whole CF epic would do nicely, thanks. :)

It saddens me so to know we'll have to put off our next futsal session for the meantime, but I'll bet the grass, or should I say turf, is way greener on the other side. It was truly an honor having met you, Markus. Godspeed.


Markus Ng - Strife

1 comment:

kacangbendy said...

hello, I knew markus ng as well.

My church. my friend.

Benjamin yue. nice to meet you. how did you come to know markus?

kacangbendy.blogspot.com